Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 156

"So, why didn't you tell us this to begin with, Viktor?" David asked after they moved out of the room and into the living room with the other guys and their wives.

"I had to be sure you were who you all said you were, first", Viktor responded.

"My bald ass head doesn't give it away?"

"Well, not without the piercings, no. I see a lot of bald men back in the mother land."

Brie laughed shaking her head. "No more, 'You look JUST LIKE', huh baby?"

David laughed. "No, I guess not."

--------------

"Commandant, I have a man here in my house that needs to meet with you", David said on the phone.

"Oh? And who might THAT be?"

Viktor spoke. "Russian operative Viktor Cherkov with Russian Intelligence Agency." His poured on the Russian Accent.

"Ah, Mr. Cherkov, I've been expecting to hear from you for a month now. What happened?"

"It took a long time to locate the safe house and then I was detained for two days."

"And why was that?"

"I shot him", Brie said.

"You what?"

"You heard me, Commandant."

"Where did you shoot him, Mrs. Draiman?"

"In the knee."

The Commandant let out an audible sigh. "Thank God. Has it been treated?"

"No, Commandant, I'm a heartless asshole who going to let a man bleed to death", David said sarcastically.

"Are you telling me that she severed an artery or vein?"

"No, Commandant, I CAN shoot a man is fatty tissue so that he doesn't bleed a lot. I'm that good a shot. Remember who my older brother is."

"That's very true. Your brother is one of the best shots I've ever met. No, that's a lie... he IS the best shot I've ever met."

"Well, Commandant, I'm better."

No comments:

Post a Comment