Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 171

Rex loved the idea and asked that they call Brie's brother to train him to be a sharp shooter.  Brie loved the idea and asked David to make the call.  He was, of course, more than willing to oblige.  There wasn't too much of anything that David could deny Brie.

Matt picked up on the first ring.  "Master Gunnery Sergeant Cartwright."

"Matt, it's your brother in law.  How are you?"

"Hey, David.  I'm good.  Been busy as hell though.  Since the Commandant is about to be suspended over not reporting your shitty equipment, I've been stuck with all the planning of every military action that we have going on.  I swear, they ought to make me a Warrant Officer."  Matt laughed.

"Hell, I bet.  Listen, I have a favor to ask."

"Shoot, you saved my fucking life a few years ago.  I owe you anything and everything.  Just name it and it's yours."

David smiled.  "Well, I have a young man here that needs to learn how to be a sharp shooter and how to do some bodyguard stuff."

"Why is that?"

"We're hiring a personal bodyguard and we only want the best to train the guy."

"What's his name?"

"Morbus."

"Are you fucking with me, David?"

"No, that's the name he wants to be called."

Matt sighed.  "What's wrong with this kid that he wants to be called Morbus?"

"He is badly maimed from an explosion two years ago.  He more resembles our band mascot 'The Guy' than anything else anymore."

"So, whose idea was it to call him Morbus?” 

“Would you believe that it was your sister's?”

Matt laughed.  "I'm not surprised in the very least."  He took a deep breath sighed.  "Will this guy be going with your guys everywhere?"

"Pretty much."

Matt sighed.  "Ok, once the Commandant is gone on his suspension, I'll arrange for a transport for him to come out here to be trained.  I can't do this if the Commandant is here.  He'll have my ass in a sling before you can make your infamous monkey noise."

"Ooh- waa- ahh- ahh- ahh", David laughed.  "Is your ass in the sling yet?"

"Ha, ha, not funny, brother.  I'll send for him soon.  From the talk I've been hearing, those Russia contracts should be here within the next couple of days.  I suggest you guys don't do it.  The Commandant is just using you guys as a bargaining chip to get useless information on targets we've already eliminated.  Don't buy his bull shit guys.  I know that what I'm saying could be some form of treason, but I'm not going to bite my tongue when he's just using you guys.  It's not in my nature to do that.  I would have called sooner, but he's keeping me so busy that I can't stop long enough to take a shit.  From what I keep hearing, a woman named Gail Richardson is running the Agency now.  Brie and I have an aunt by that name.  I'd like to go say hi, if she IS in fact my aunt."

"She is", David said.  "When she come to see about our equipment, Brie almost had a nervous breakdown when she spotted the woman."

"Well, I'm glad you told me, David.  You're a great brother."

"What the hell is family for if not watching your six when you need it?"

"Exactly, well, I had better go.  I can hear Henchly breathing down the hall."

"Alright, Matt.  We'll talk to you later."

“Ok.  Give my nieces and nephews my love... all eight of those little shit heads.”

"Will do.  Bye, Matt."

"Bye, David."  They hung up.

David turned to their new bodyguard.  "He'll train you, Morbus.  He's the best there is so, you'll be in good hands.  He'll call to let us know when transport has left to have you moved from here to Colorado for training then back here afterward.  When we next hear from the Director, we'll let her know what's going on and get information about when we'll be going out on these rally tours so that we can tell Matt when to have you ready by.  Remember, you can't flinch when it comes to taking a life if it means one of ours.  Protect the children at all costs.  Dan, Mike, John, Brie, and myself are armed at all times, especially away from the house.  Tina, Kristen, Nicole, and all of the children will be your top priority.  Do you understand?"

"Yes, David.  I won't let you down."  Morbus's blood red eyes went cold and murderous.  He would make the Utopians pay for what they did to him.  He would bring them all down single-handedly if he had to.  There was NO stopping him in protecting his charges.  He would be Indestructible.

No comments:

Post a Comment