Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 196

"Brie, you have to speak to them again, sometime", Nicole said.

Brie looked over her shoulder at the older woman.  "I don't HAVE to do a GODDAMN thing.  I'm grown.  Just mind your own business, Nikki.  This is between the Wengrens and myself."

Kristen laughed as Nicole walked away.  "Don't push her Nikki, or you're the next person she'll be giving go to hell looks to."

"Why don't you butt out, Kris?" Nicole said.

"If you want her taking your head off, then fine.  Don't look at David, John, or me when she starts to beat you to shit.  You should know her well enough by now to know that speaking to her while she's in this mood is suicide, especially when you're trying to get her to do something she's not ready to do."

"Then, since you know her so well, why don't you talk to her, Kristen?"

"Because I don't have a death wish. that's why."

--------------

"Will she ever speak to me again, brother?" Mike asked David.

"Fuck if I know, Mikey.  You're the dumb shit that got slapped because you pissed her off, not me."

"I really am sorry, David, but I was trying to find a away to save face with Tina."

"I really don't give a shit, Mikey.  You're the dumbass that got yourself slapped.  I know better than that shit."

"Do you think you could talk to her for me and Tina?"

“Fuck no.  I'm not going to talk to her for your guys.  If we talk about it at all, I'll be listening to her vent.  I don't try to convince her to do anything contrary to what she feels.  If she feels like giving you and Tina the silent treatment, then it sucks to be you.  I don't feel sorry for you.  You brought it on yourself."

Brie called from the other room.  "David, baby, come here please."

"Gotta go.  My wife is calling."  And he left the room.

--------------

"David, I'm thinking about having you talk to my aunt and having her look into a separate safe house for us and the kids.  I've about had it."

"What's the problem, now, baby?"

"Nicole is my problem now. 'You're gonna have to speak to them sometime, Brie.'"

"What did you tell Nicole?"

"To mind her own fucking business, that's what I told her.  Kristen even warned her to let me be and Nicole told Kristen, 'Since you know her so well, then why don't you talk to her?'  Kristen told her that she doesn't have a death wish."

David shook his head in disbelief.  "You're kidding me, right?"

She shook her head.  "No, I'm not kidding."

He sighed.  "The four families have been together for too fucking long.  I'm taking a call from your aunt later for an update on what's going on.  Let me know if you want me to talk to her about separate living arrangements for our family."  A strange look came over his face.  "What if John and Kristen want to come along?"

"Them, I'm cool with.  I need a little distance from anyone with the last name Donegan or Wengren.  I've had it past my eyeballs with this shit."

David nodded and pulled her against him.  "Just settle down for now.  Take a few deep breathes and try to relax.  I know I'm not a registered therapist, but I can give you a bit of a massage later if you like."

She wound her arms around his waist and her herself against him.  "I'm done with all this shit, David.  I can't take anymore.  This is pushing me toward a nervous breakdown."

"Then let me take your mind off of it later.  We can soak in the bath tub, then I can give you a back rub, then we can just wait and see where the night leads."

She smiled against his neck where her face was buried.  "I love you, David.  I really don't mean to unload on you like this, but I need to talk to someone about it or I'm going to lose my mind."

He pressed his lips to her temple in a gentle kiss. "I know, baby.  And I love you too.  So, how are you supposed to get it all off your chest if you don't talk to me about what's going on?"

She sighed.  "I don't know, baby.  I just hate how this is going and I want out."

No comments:

Post a Comment