Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 227

David’s phone rang rather early the next morning.  He was loathe to answer it and with good reason.  It was the Director.  He groaned as he rolled toward his bedside table and grabbed his phone off it.  “Hello?” he asked sleepily.

“Good morning, David.”

“It’s morning, Director.  Not sure whether it’s good or not yet, though it can’t be a good thing that you’re calling me at”, he paused to look at the time on his phone, “five o’clock in the morning.  What the hell do you need this early in the morning?”

“I was just calling as a courtesy to inform you that I plan in leaking the location of your safe house as soon as 
Mr. Kmack is well.”

David groaned.  “That is not something I needed to know at five o’clock in the morning, Director.  I need to still be asleep and holding your niece or up in the weight room working out with you niece.  I do not need to be on the phone with you this early in the morning.  You couldn’t have called in two hours when I was drinking my coffee for the day?”

“I’m sorry to wake you so early, David, but I thought you needed to know as soon as I could possibly tell you.”

“Yes, Director, you needed to tell me at FIVE O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING as if I’m going to remember in two hours what you just said five seconds ago.”

She chuckled.  “I’m sorry, David, I’ll call back in when the sun’s up and you’ve gotten a little bit of coffee in you.  How does that sound?”

“Like a good damn plan to me, Director.  I’ll talk to you in a couple of hours.”  He hung up.

“Who was that?” Brie asked groggily.

“Your aunt”, he groaned as he settled back into the bed next to her.

“What the hell did she want this early in the morning?”

“Hell if I know.  I have no idea what she said.  Something about the location and Fuzz being released from the hospital, that’s all I remember.”

She chuckled and rolled onto her other side so that she was facing him instead of having her back to him.  “Well, since we’re both awake, we can do one of three or four things.  One, we can go back to sleep.  Two, we can get up and go for our morning workout.  Three, we can fool around.  Four, we can just lay here and enjoy each other’s company.  Take your pick.”  Her fingers played with the hair on his chest.

“What do YOU want to do?”

She shrugged.  “I don’t care, baby.  What do YOU want to do?”

He rolled on to his back for a moment and checked the calendar on his clock.  It had been about three months since his birthday.  It was now nearing summer.  It was nearing her birthday, that’s what made him check his phone.  He had a feeling she was expecting him to forget.  Just because he was getting older didn’t mean that his memory was slipping.  He just needed reminders every now and then.  He looked at the date, then set his phone back on his bedside table, and then rolled her onto her back.  “How about I wish you happy birthday the way I normally do?”

She smiled.  “Is it seriously my birthday already?”

“According to my calendar it is.”  He pressed his lips to hers.

“So, the plan is what?”

“This”, he said and devoured her mouth.

--------------

She had flipped him onto his back and was riding him nice and slow when his phone rang again.  He reached over to grab it.  “I’m kinda busy right now”, he said breathlessly.

“David, this is important.  What could you be doing that supersedes national security?” Matt asked on the 
other end.

“Trust me, you don’t wanna know.  Call back later.”

“God damn it, David.  This is a matter of national security and you’re not interested?”

“Not for at least another hour.”

Brie reached out and yanked the phone from David’s hand.  “Look, mother fucker, I’m getting laid right now.  Call back in several hours.  I’m not done with my husband.  Don’t like it, TOUGH SHIT!” she said and ended the call, throwing his phone across the room to land in a pile of dirty clothes.  She moved her hips just right, drawing his attention back to her.

“Oh, GOD”, he groaned.

“I want your UNDIVIDED ATTENTION, David.  Forget the fucking phone.  Whoever that was can rot for 
all I care.”  She lowered her body to rest just above his, supporting herself on her arms and pressed her lips to his.

Her kiss stole his attention, forcing him to focus on her; the movement of her hips, the rise and fall of her breasts when she sat back up.  She had his undivided attention, just like she wanted.

--------------

David jogged down the stair with a huge smile on his face.  The kids noticed.  “Daddy, what has you so happy this morning?” Maddie asked.

He looked down at his little Maddie Jade.  “I’m just happy to be able to get up and see you’re beautiful face, Maddie.”  He squatted down and placed a kiss on her cheek.

She giggled.  “You’re not a very good liar, Daddy.”

He looked at her in shock.  “I’m not lying.  I am happy to get up and see your beautiful face every morning.  You look just like your Mama.”

“I DO NOT!” she insisted.  “I look like ME!  Jordan looks like Mama.”

He ruffled her hair and stood up.  “I’m not going to argue with you, baby girl.  I’m going to go get a cup of coffee.  Be sure to tell Mama happy birthday when she comes down from the bedroom.”

Maddie smiled brightly.  “Ok, Daddy, will do.  I’ll be sure that my brothers and sisters know to do the same.”

“Good girl, Maddie.”  He walked into the kitchen to get his coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment