Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 168

David and Brie came out of their bedroom and Gail was talking with Nicole.  When she looked up and toward the hallway, Gail gasped.  "Irian?  Is that you?"

"Hi, Aunt Gail.  How are you?"

"I'm good now that I've seen you.  How are your parents?"

"I haven't talked to them in a while, but Aunt Gail, you can't call me Irian anymore.  Irian died in a house explosion seven years ago.  My name is Brie now.   David is my husband and we have seven children together, eight total including Malachai."

"I'm sorry, sweeting, I didn't mean... I won't blow your cover to anyone and say that you're actually still alive.  I'm so sorry, sweeting, I really am."

"Aunt Gail, I know you didn't and that you wouldn't but you're not here to see me, are you?  Weren't you supposed to check out the equipment in the studio to see if it warrants being replaced?"

"That was the ulterior motive for me showing up here, but I do plan on checking out the studio.  I'd LOVE to hear another Disturbed album soon."

"Well, what I'm wondering is, how do you plan on ending this war?" Mike asked.  "I can't speak for the other guys, but I'd like to get the fuck out of this house and get back on tour."  The other guys all agreed.

"Well, Mike.. can I call you Mike?"

"Yeah."

"I plan on getting you guys out this house.  I want to get you guys back in the road, even if that just means rallies for a while.  Get the people involved in fighting back.  Too many people are sitting on their asses and nothing but talking a big game about how they want things to go back to the way there were where people could speaks their minds.  It's time to motivate change.  You four are a key component in that.  You and that young man who's spoken at the last two rallies you all hosted, Timothy Schmitt, I think the boy's name is.  You guys are the keystone.  You need to be out there spreading the message."

David pulled up the sleeve on his left arm.  "In case you haven't read the file, Director, I was shot the last time we toured! And your niece was shot during the evac after the first rally we did."

"But no one was hurt at this last one, were they?"

"Because we held it at a remote location, Director", John said.  "Had we held it anywhere other than Lake Tenkiller, someone else would have been shot at or possibly killed.”

"John's right", Mike said.  "If you decided to get us out there, touring, you'd better have good locations where no one gets shot at."

"I'll see what I can do, Mike", she said.  "Meanwhile, why don't you fellas take me to your studio and let me see this shitty equipment."

--------------

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" Gail said when David tried to play her some of the things they had tried to record.  "This stuff is shit.  I can't believe that the Commandant didn't say anything to the previous Director about this."

"I told you over the phone that the equipment didn't work.  We've been trying to lay down tracks for a new album for over a year now.  And all the work we did in Colorado is gone because the Utopians blow our old safe house to shit", David said.

"Do you have copies of the two albums you put out while you were there?"

"Well, yeah", Dan said.  "We're not complete idiots.  He's talking about the work on this NEW album we've been trying to work on for two, almost three, years now.  We didn't have the time to put all that shit on tape so we could move it over here.  We practically had the whole album laid out and then it all went boom as we drove away to our separate temporary safe houses."

"Well, I will have this rectified.  You can count on that, gentlemen.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to head back to the office and get that process started now.  I know we have the money in the budget for it."

"Thank you, Director Richardson", David said.

No comments:

Post a Comment