Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 194

"David, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday.  I really didn't mean anything by it", Mike said to David the next morning.

"Mikey, drop it.  I really don't want to think about it.  The fact that you would even think such asinine bull shit confounds me", David replied.

"I know, David, that's why I'm apologizing.  I really am sorry."

"You've made your apology to me.  Have you apologized to Tina or Brie?  You owe them both an apology for what you said."

"I apologized to Tina, but I didn't know I needed to apologize to  Brie as well."

"When you said what you did, you insulted her too.  She's not very happy with you right now."

"How does she even know what I said?"

"How do you think she knows, jack ass.  I told her last night."

"Why in the hell did you do that?”

"Because she noticed the change in my behavior and I don't keep anything from her."

Mike sighed.  "I'll apologize to her at lunch.  Promise."

"You better."

--------------

"Brie, has Mike talked to you?" Tina asked as the women fixed lunch for their men.

"No."  Brie sounded a little confused.

"Well, apparently, Mike said something out of line to David about you yesterday.  Did you hear about that?"

"Yeah, I did.  David and I stayed up to watch a movie together and I noticed the way he was holding me.  I also noticed that he was tense.  I asked him what happened and he told me."

"Well, did David tell you that Mike says that YOU provoked that remark?"

Brie stuck the tip of the knife she was using in the wooden cutting board.  "I did what?" Brie said calmly.

"That's what Mike told me."

Brie nodded slowly and walked toward the studio door, banging on it.  David answered.  "Hey, beautiful, what's going on?"

"I want to see Michael... NOW."

David stepped out of the way and let his wife through.  As she walked down the stairs she composed herself.  She wasn't going to lose her cool.  When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she looked Mike dead in the eyes.  "Mike, what's this I hear that you think I provoked your little ignorant comment yesterday?"

David looked astounded.  "You said what?"

"Brie, I was just trying to.." Mike started out.

She didn't hesitate.  She slapped the shit out of him.  "Are you fucking retarded?"

When she slapped him, Mike's neck snapped to the side.   He looked back at her like he wanted to knock the hell out of her.  David picked up on it.  "Do it, Mike, and I don't care if you're my brother or not... I'll kill you."  There was no question on David's face as to whether or not he would do it.

"Mike, WHEN have I EVER come onto you?" Brie asked him, but didn't let him answer.  "Never, that's when.  Now, were I you, I'd go tell your wife the truth before I beat the shit out of you.  Meanwhile, David, you're coming with me."  She grabbed her husband's hand and left the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment