Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 177

The first stop was in Cajun Country, New Orleans.  The rally was set up at Lake Pontchartrain, a little place that none of the kids had seen before.  On the morning of the rally, they had breakfast at Cafe Du Monde, the kids and wives all getting their first taste of beignets.  David always loved New Orleans.  The coffee was exquisite.  Chicory coffee was foreign to him until he went to New Orleans for the first time.  He actually spit it out the first time he tried it.  That poor waitress, he thought to himself as he waited on his refill.

Brie noticed the look of reminiscence on her husband's face.  "What are you thinking about, baby?"

"I was recalling the first time I drank the coffee down here.  I took a drink and spit it out all over the poor waitress", he laughed.

She laughed.  "You spit hot chicory coffee all over the waitress?"

"Sure did."

"Why?"

"At first, it tasted like dirt and I thought she had doctored it in some way so that I wouldn't like it.  I asked her, 'What the hell is in my coffee?’  She said, ‘It's chicory coffee, chere.  It's not other coffee that you've drank.  It's a little funny at first, but you get used to it.'  I immediately apologized all over myself because I spit a mouthful of hot coffee all over this girl and she said, 'C'est la vie'."

"That's funny.  I mean, really fucking funny."

"Isn't it though?"

--------------

Before the rally, it was the same thing as before a show.  They had to sit around and be bored out of their minds.  Luckily, they weren't sitting around alone.  Their good buddy Tim was the Keynote speaker that was going to introduce them.  "Are you going to be at all of the rallies that we've performing at?" Dan asked him.

"Yeah.  When I heard that you guys were going on the road, I wanted to be at every rally.  I want to do what little I can to inspire the masses into action and you guys are my inspiration.  Whatever I can do to get involved where you guys are, it's my honor and pleasure."

"Well, Timmy my boy, we're glad to have you along for the ride", Mike said.  The other guys echoed his sentiments.

"Thanks, guys.  That means a lot coming from you."

--------------

"Sir, we've received word that Disturbed is on the road again."

"They're WHAT?" the lieutenant said carefully.

"Yes, sir.  They've gone back in the road, touring and performing.  We just don't know where."

"How did you get the information about them touring again?"

"There was an order put in for four buses about two weeks ago.  It was a rush order.  One of the buses had to have nine beds stuffed in it."

"Nine?  Which of the guys has a family that big?”

"Don't know, sir.  But, they're on the road again doing rallies, we think.  We're just not sure where they are or where they're going."

"I need to know where they're at before I can take them out.  Draiman, Donegan, Moyer, and Wengren must die in order for us to be able to surge forward in taking over the government.  Especially Draiman."

"We're working on it around the clock, sir.   There are several rallies going on all over the country every day.  We're having trouble getting a lock on them."

"Once you get a lock on their location, let me know.  I want a death squad ready and on call in case they surface where we can get to them.  Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

No comments:

Post a Comment