Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 195

It took David three hours to get Brie calmed down enough to even look at anyone but him and their children.  There was no hiding the fact that she was pissed.  She tried to swallow it only to have Tina ruin any prayer of self- control she had.  "That's why I slapped him, David.  Tina said what she said, he tried to give me some bull shit excuse, and I slapped the shit out of him."

"Did you see the look on his face after you did that?"
"Yes, I did.  And had he tried it, you wouldn't have been able to get to him fast enough to kill him.  You would have had to pull me off of him."

David laughed.  "Only to kill him with my own hands."

She sighed and snuggled in closer to him as they lay in their bed.  "You do realize I can take care of myself, right?"

"Oh, I know.  That cool little tap on the triceps you do with your forearm is really cool."

"All I'm doing is hyper- extending the arm."

"Really?  Guess I just learned something new."

She shrugged.  "Or you knew, but you didn't know you knew."

"Are you trying to confuse me?"

"No, just being silly."  She stretched up and kissed him softly.  "I love you, David."

"And I love you, Brie."

---------------

When David and Brie finally emerged, Mike and Tina walked hand in hand toward the stairs as David and Brie descended.  "Brie, we both have something we need to say to you", Mike said.

Brie took a deep breath, the smile on her face disappearing and the look becoming cold and hard.  "Yes?"

"I'm really sorry about what happened earlier, and what I said to David about you yesterday.  I know you're nothing if not faithful to him and that you both love each other very much.  I was a dick yesterday, and I apologize to the both of you."

Brie just nodded, then Tina spoke.  "I'm sorry about what I said as well.  I know that you only lost your temper after what I said.  I shouldn't have said anything."  Brie just looked at her.

"Mike, Tina, it doesn't look to me like my wife is in a very forgiving mood.  I'm sure that she might forgive the both of you eventually, but right this moment, I don't think she has anything to say.  Just give her some time and she'll speak to you both again", David said.

 The look on her face spoke volumes.  I have no intention of forgiving either of your right this moment.  You can both rot in hell for all I give a shit at this moment.  Instead of just standing there staring at the man and woman in front of her, she turned and pulled David back up the stairs.

--------------

David knelt holding Brie's feet as she did crunches.  He counted out loud every time her elbows hit her knees.  "Nineteen, Twenty, Twenty- one, Twenty- two..."  She kept pushing herself.  She'd already done six sets of thirty.  How many more is she going to do? he asked himself.

Finally, she laid flat after thirty, her chest rising and falling in heaves.  "No more", she said.  "I can't do anymore."

He chuckled.  "Well, you did seven sets of thirty, baby.  That's 210 crunches.  You've never done that many in a session."

She let her pulse slow, taking slow, deep breaths to get her pulse to slow down.  "I know, and I'm probably going to be feel it tomorrow.  I'm just tired of everyone else's bull shit."

"I don't blame you.  I am too.  I can't wait for this fucking war to be over so that we can have a place of our own again and the kids won't have to share rooms."  He took his weight off of her feet and helped her sit up.

"Me either.  And I can't wait until we have a room that's bigger than the one we have now.  That damn thing is a bread box compared to some of the other rooms we've had."

He sighed.  "I know, baby.  This will all be over soon enough and you and I can take the kids and get a place of our own."

She took a drink of water and looked at him.  "Promise?"

"Yes, I promise".  And that was a promise he happily made.

No comments:

Post a Comment