Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 234


A couple of weeks passed and there was no word as to whether or not the Utopians were amassing to attack.  The Director was getting antsy.  “First Sergeant, report to my office at once”, she said over the Agency intercom.

The First Sergeant cursed under her breath.  “Shit!  Matt, I need to go.  The Director is paging me.”  She rose from where she was “seated” in his lap and pulled on her uniform.

“Damn it!” Matt said.  “It seems like we can never get any time alone together, I wish the war were over.”

Her hand caressed his stubbled cheek.  “Matt, it will be soon.  You heard what Draiman said in his 
monologue.”

He smiled at her.  “I know, Jenn.  I’m just so tired of having to sneak around with you.”

“And the sooner we end this war, the sooner we can be together.”  She grabbed a quick kiss before leaving his office.  “I’ll see you later, babe.”  She winked at him, and then closed the door behind her.  She walked quietly down the hallway to the Director’s office and wondered what she had in store.  She knocked three times and waited for a response.

“Enter”, called the Director.                                                                                                                          

The First Sergeant walked in and snapped to attention.  “First Sergeant Jessop reporting as ordered, ma’am.”

“At ease, First Sergeant, and have a seat.”  The First Sergeant sat down at and listened.

“First Sergeant, I have an assignment for you.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“This assignment, should you chose to accept it, will take you into the heart of the Utopian War Headquarters.”

“Understood, ma’am.  What is the assignment?”

“You are to go undercover to the Utopian War Headquarters and kill the Lieutenant in charge as messily as you can.  This is to send to Utopians the message that we’re bringing the fight to them.”

“Aye, ma’am.  What is the cover?”

“You’re going as his new intern, First Sergeant.  You’re cover name will be Sergeant Major Hilary Thomas.   
He’s expecting you in the next two days.  You have three after that to complete the assignment.  Do you accept the assignment?”

The First Sergeant gave the Director a wicked smile.  “Oh, yes, Madame Director.  I prefer to kill up close anyway.”

--------------

The girl just got home from her trip and she was exhausted.  She hadn’t been off of the plane twenty minutes before she was back to her duties as a gopher to the band.  She was picked up and taken to get the grocery delivery for the week.  After she dropped it off, she had other gopher things that she had to do.  Finally, when she got back to the community house that most of the gophers shared, she passed out on her bed.  She was exhausted.

--------------

“Still no fucking sign of the Utopians”, David said.

“I’m sorry, brother.  I know you want this to end, but you’ve got to give them time to get their resources together”, Dan said.

“Dude, we know you’re on pins and needles to end this shit, but give it a little bit more time”, John told him.

“I can’t stand this hurry up and wait shit.  And I KNOW that the army is getting antsy.”  David sighed.   

“Guys, I’m going to go find Brie to see if she can help me relax.”  He headed for the stairs that lead out of the basement studio.

“I hope she can help him”, Mike said.  “He’s starting to get on my nerves.”

--------------

David walked up to the room that had been set up as Brie’s massage room to find her folding laundry.  “Hey, are you busy right now, baby?”

She looked up and shook her head.  “Not really.  I’m just about done with the laundry.  What did you need, sweetie?”

He sighed.  “I need to get my mind off of the bull shit.”

“Did you want a massage?”  He nodded.  “Ok, baby.  Let me put these sheets up where they belong and I’ll give you a massage.  What kind of massage did you want?”

“Deep tissue, please.  I don’t know why but I relax more when you do the deep work than when you do a Swedish massage.”

She smiled.  “It’s no problem, honey.  Any region you want me to pay attention to?”

“Shoulder and breathing muscles.”

She nodded.  “Not a problem.”

No comments:

Post a Comment