Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 207

Dan slowly approached David and Brie's room.  Lord only knew what he would hear on the other side of the door.  Brie liked to make some noise, that was for certain.  When he reached the door, much to his surprise, there was silence.  Maybe he fucked her unconscious, he thought as he raised his hand to knock on the door.

David shouted groggily at the person on the other side of the door.  "WHAT?!"
"Hey, brother", Dan called, "your ole' lady has yet another visitor."

David shook Brie gently.  "Baby, Danny says you have another visitor."

"Who is it?" she shouted to the door.

"She wouldn't tell us.  She just said that she's your sister.  Malacahi seems to recognize her, but he can't remember her name", Dan answered.

Brie's eyes shot open.  "Angela", she gasped.  She shot up, leaving the comfy spot on David's chest where she was laying.  "Tell her we'll be right down."

"You got it, sis."  And with that, Dan was gone.

"Is this your mentor Angela that you've told me so much about?" David asked as he pushed himself up.

"One in the same, or at least that's who I think it is.  I won't know until I lay eyes on her."  She pulled her jeans back on.

David dressed as quickly as Brie did and met her the foot of their bed.  "You ready to go greet yet another family member?"

She took a deep breath.  "Let do this", she said and took his hand.

-------------

The petite blond sitting on the couch looked around her nervously.  Is THIS who Irian's gotten herself mixed up with? she thought.  They're a bunch of freaks.  Dread locks, tattoos, piercings... what's next?  Fangs in places they don't belong?

Brie and David rounded the corner and Brie shrieked.  "OH MY GOD!  ANGELA!  IT REALLY IS YOU!" she screamed and tore her hand from David's.  She ran down the stairs and gave the woman a hug.

Angela hugged Brie back.  "Hey, I've missed you!  It's been too long." 

Brie pulled back and grinned from ear to ear.  "Holy shit, Angela.  What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well, rumor travels fast."  She sighed.  "I'm not sure what to call you, though.  The only name I really know you by is Irian."

"My name is Brie now, Angela.  It's been Brie for several years now."

Angela smiled.  "Brie then.  Rumor travels fast.  There's a kid in my current Swedish class who's a gopher for you guys.  She told me where the house was."
"April, right?"

"Yeah."  She glanced around the room.  "So, are you going to introduce me to everyone?"

Brie laughed.  "Where are my manners?"  She looked over her shoulder at David and reached a hand back to him.  "Angela, this is my husband, David."

Angela extended a hand toward the man.  "Nice to meet you.  I wish I could say that I've heard a lot about you, but I really can't.”

David, who didn't have his piercings under his lip in at that time, took her hand.  "Well, I CAN say that I've heard a lot about you.  There used to be times when all she would talk about was you."

Angela smiled brightly.  "Really?  I hope that everything she told you was good."

"Nothing but praise came from her mouth where you were concerned", David said, returning her pleasant smile.

Brie looked at the coffee table where the kid were all sitting.  They were drawing.  "Kids, come here a moment."  All of the Draiman children stood and went to their parents.

Malachai looked at her.  "Auntie Angela?  Is it really you?"

She looked at the boy who was nearly as tall as she was.  "Yes, Malachai, it's really me.  My God, you've gotten big.  How old are you now?"

"I'm almost thirteen."

"Shit, boy, where has the time gone?"

He shrugged.  "I dunno.  All I know is that I'm not a little kid anymore, and that I have seven younger siblings, and that my dad is a rock star and the voice of the Resistance."

Angela looked at David.  "YOU'RE David Draiman?  THE David Draiman?"

He nodded.  "That would be me."

"You don't look the same without those things hanging under your bottom lip.  I've seen all of your monologues.  My students bring them and play them for the school."

"Well, I take them out to do certain things.  I just haven't bothered to put them back in yet."

Angela nodded.  "I totally understand."  She looked at the other children.  "Who are these beautiful children?"  David introduced the other kids, starting with the twins.  Angela could hear the pride in his voice when he spoke their names.  She smiled.  "Well kids, it's nice to meet you all.  I'm a good friend of your Mom's.  My name is Angela."

Brie cleared her throat, getting Angela's attention.  "Correction, this is Auntie Angela.  She's not just a good friend of mine, she's my sister."

"Nice to meet you, Auntie Angela", they all said.

"AUNTIE Angela?  But, why Brie?"

"Because, you're more to me than just a friend and mentor.  You're the big sister I always wanted.  I told you that when I asked you to be Malachai's godmother."

Tears came to Angela's eyes.  She was flattered... more than that.  She was truly moved.  Brie thought of her as family, and she would live up to that.  That meant that she would do anything and everything in her power to make sure that nothing happened to their parents.  Even if that meant her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment