Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 191

The next morning, Brie and David got up to wake Malachai for his trip to HQ for training with his Uncle Matt with heavy hearts.  They knew it was necessary for Malachai to learn how to handle a weapon.  He wasn't a child anymore.  He was a young man.  It was time.

Nicole was still complaining as she and Dan woke Justin for the day.  "I still don't like it, Dan.  He's too young."

"God damn it, Nicole, get over it.  He's not a child anymore.  Do you hear Brie, Kristen or Tina bitching?  No, you don't."

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm worried about our son and they're not", Nicole said.

"Excuse me?" Brie said.  "I'll have you know that I'm extremely worried about Malachai, Nicole, but I'm working on accepting the fact that my son isn't a child anymore.  David and I had a very long conversation on this topic last night because I was having trouble sleeping, I was so worried.  Don't think for two seconds that I'm not worried about Malachai undergoing this training, Nicole.  I'm very worried."

Nicole looked aghast.  "I didn't know you felt like that, Brie.  You were so stone faced yesterday when we met with Matt."

"That's because I had to be, Nikki.  Am I worried?  Scared out of my mind.  Am I going to let me son see that?  Hell no.  Great thing is the boys will be coming home at night.  I would never agree to letting the boys do this if Malachai weren't coming home to me at night."  She looked at David.  "Don't you agree, baby?"

"Yeah.  If Malachai were staying overnight, this wouldn't be happening.  He'd be waiting until he's sixteen", David said.

"So, Nicole, before you go talking about shit you know nothing about, check your facts."  Brie turned and walked out of the kitchen where the adults had all congregated to wait and went into the living room to wait with her son.  David went on her heels,  shaking his head as he walked.

--------------

"Mom, you have to let me grow up.  I'm twelve now, you know.  I'm a young man", Malachai said to his mother.

"I know, son.  I'm still entitled to be afraid for you.  What your uncle is going to be teaching you is very dangerous, Malachai.  I want you to hang on every word your Uncle Matt says.  Understand me?"

"Yes, ma'am.  I will.  I love you, Mom.  That's why I want to do this.  I don't want to lose you, Dad, or my brothers and sisters.  I want to be able to protect you all if something should happen."

David smiled at his son.  "We understand that, 'Chai.  You mom's just worried about you losing your innocence should you have to shoot and kill someone."

"It gonna be okay you know", the boy said, looking from one parent to the other, "I know it is.  You two don't need to worry about me."

David grinned.  "Malachai, it doesn't matter how old you are, we're always going to worry about you.  You're our son."

The boy laughed.  "Dad, you and Mom worry too much.  I'll be fine.  Uncle Matt will take care of me.  We all know that."

--------------

"Gail, I would love to see her and meet David, but with my status, I can't.  Not until the war is over", the Master Sergeant said.

"I understand that, Sam.  But, at least she knows that you're looking out for her and her family."

"If I could go to the house and not risk getting shot at by the bodyguard, I would make the trip out to Loveland.  But, the moment the band's bodyguard spots the uniform, I'm a dead man."

"You could always go to the house in civvies, Sam."

"I'll be followed from the headquarters here to the safe house, Gail.  That would allow a perfect opportunity for this fucking government to capture David.  I refuse to take our niece's biggest source of happiness from her because I want to see her for the first time since she was a child and meet my great- nieces and nephews.  I will not let this government get their hands on David Draiman on my account.  No, Gail."

The Director sighed.  "I understand, Samuel.  Would you like me to pass on your love to her?"

"If you don't mind.  Now, I have to go.  I hear someone coming", and he hung up without saying good- bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment