Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 233


Over the next few days, the band watched as the Resistance started flooding the area surrounding their safe house.  It was an old abandoned apartment building that the Agency had bought, gutted and made livable for a large group of people.  All of the houses that surrounded the building were being taken over by the Resistance Army.  The commanders were making it a point to come to the house and introduce themselves to the band, letting them know just how thankful they were for the music and the many monologues that David had recorded.  One commander told David, “I loved how you told those Utopian mother fuckers that if they didn’t come to us, we were gonna bring it to them.  That is the American fighting spirit I remembered from Desert Storm and Iraq!  You fuck with us we will fuck with you back!  If you start it, we will finish it.”

David couldn’t help but smile at the man.  “Well, thank you, sir.  I’m proud of the work I’ve done for the Resistance.  I’ll be glad to finally get out of the house and SEE for myself how these men and women get ready for the fight.”

“You gonna be fighting with us?” the commander asked.

“Yes, as a matter of fact.”

“Do you even know how to use a gun?”

David laughed.  “Rather well, Commander, as a matter of fact, as does my wife and my oldest son.”

The commander looked at David in shock.  “Well, then I can’t wait to see you guys out there.  I also want to meet this wife of yours.”

David smiled and invited the man in.  “Hey, Brie, baby!” he called as he closed the door behind the Commander.

She came into the room with a smile, wiping her hands in a towel.  She was baking something, of that he was 
sure.  “Yeah, honey?” she said.

“One of the Resistance commanders wanted to meet you.”  He motioned to the man in front of him.

She smiled and extended her hand.  “Pleasure to meet you, commander.  I’m Brie Draiman.”

“So YOU’RE the beautiful woman that’s been his inspiration for the last eight years?”

She laughed.  “I’ve tried.  Don’t know how well I succeeded at that, but I’ve given it my best effort.”

“You’re doing well at it, my dear.  He speaks of you and your children often in the monologues.”

“Hmm… I didn’t know that.”

“Well, it’s true.”

She smiled.  “Oh, I’m sure of that.  I do my best to give him the inspiration he needs so that he can give you all the inspiration you need.”

--------------

David and Brie laid in bed that night and David was alight with energy and happiness.  He couldn’t relax.   
“David, do I need to put you on a massage table to get you to settle down?” she joked with him.

He laughed.  “Yeah, I don’t see myself relaxing on the massage table.  I’m just excited, that’s all.  My plan is coming together perfectly.  The Resistance is gathering, the panic room is stocked for Nicole and Tina and the kids, the strategy is coming together… I’m finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.”

She smiled and rolled onto her stomach so that she could look him in the face.  “I’m glad to hear the hope in your voice, baby.  This is something I could get used to.”

He laughed, leaning up to press his lips softly against her.  “I can’t get my mind to be still.  It keeps going from one thing to another.”

She rolled on top of him and straddled his hips.  “Do I need to wear you out, David?”

He laughed.  “You can try.”

She looked at him aghast.  “I can TRY?  Oh, David, you just dug yourself a huge hole.”

“I know.  I wanna see if you can wear me out the way I wear you out.”

She didn’t respond verbally, but physically by pressing her lips to his again, kissing him long and slow as she ground her hips against his.

--------------

She awoke right as the plane was touching down and reached down and grabbed her bag.  She quickly checked to make sure that the parcel she had to deliver was still in the bag.  She let out a sigh of relief when she found the package still in the bag.  When she unloaded from the she gripped the bag close to her body as she made sure that the contents of the bag weren’t damaged.

She got to the exit of the building where she caught a cab to her destination.  The War Quarters wasn’t far from the airport.  The driver asked her what a nice little girl like her was doing going to the War Headquarters, but she ignored him.  When the cab pulled up, she asked the driver to wait for a moment, and then walked up to the closest man to the cab.  “Excuse me, sir.  Are you the Lieutenant in Charge of the Utopian Army?” she asked the man.

“Yes, I am.  What can I do for you, sweetie?  I’m happily married and I’m not looking for a date.”

“Oh, I’m not a hooker.  I have a package for you.”  She reached into the bag and grabbed the DVD case out of her currier bag.  “This is from Disturbed with love, Lieutenant.  David says that he hopes you enjoy it.”  She walked back to the cab after leaving the disk in the hands of the Lieutenant in charge.   “Can you take me to the nearest hotel so that I can get a shower and wait for my flight back home please?” she asked the cabdriver.  He took her where she asked.

--------------

The Lieutenant stood there dumbfounded for a moment.  Then, he gathered the people that he was speaking to and they went into the War Room to watch the disk.  As the Lieutenant listened to the passionate words of David Draiman, he couldn’t help but laugh.  “He’s kidding, right?”

“No, sir, Lieutenant.  I think he’s serious.  He wants us to try and come get them.”

“No fucking way.  It’s a trap.  We’ll not be gathering just yet to move on the Resistance scum.”

No comments:

Post a Comment