Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 199

David, Mike, Brie and Tina all finally started talking to each other again.  Mike even apologized to Brie for the look he gave her when she slapped him.  "I shouldn't have looked at you like I was going to kill you.  I am really sorry about that", he told her.

"Well, you wouldn't have looked at like that if I hadn't tried to knock your head off your shoulders.  I'm sorry about that too."

"I was a total ass.  I deserved it."

"True, but still.  I should know how to control myself better than that."

Brie even talked to Nicole about her constant butting into other people's problems.  "I understand that you don't want the tight knit little family we have here to break up, but there are times when you just need to let us fight it out.  Sometimes it's just better for us to get pissed at each other for a little bity, then realize we're being retarded."

"How is it that you sand David saw that light with that, anyway?  I know that Dan and me talking to the two of you had NO effect."

"Malachai and Jordan, actually.  Only our two oldest kids could point out that we're being stupid and not get in trouble."

Nicole laughed.  "That's great.  You're kids are really smart."

"Yeah, they're great.  And I've noticed that I'm going to need to change my habits to throw Jordan off."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because she knows exactly when to talk to me about whatever she wants to talk about... that's when I'm spending time with her and her younger siblings."

"When is the best time to talk to David then?"

"When he's watching baseball or football with the boys.  That's when Malachai usually catches David to talk to him."

"Malachai is a very smart young man.  I mean, if he knows to catch David while he's watching sports, then that means he's very observant."

"All of our kids are.  I wish I knew where they picked that up from."

"You.  You will sit for hours and just watch to see what the dynamic is in a room.  Nothing wrong with it.. but sometimes, it's creepy as hell."

"Sorry about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment