Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 180

The tour was going fantastically.  The band decided to add a few songs from Asylum, namely "Warrior" and "Never Again".  David felt that the war that was going on was another way for the powers that be to oppress the people.  "It's like another Holocaust", he'd said during a band meeting on how they thought the tour was going.  "'Never Again' just seems like a logical addition to the set."

"I totally agree", said John, "as does 'Warrior'.  The men and women in the Resistance Army are showing just how they're 'One with the Warrior inside'.  It amazes me.   I mean, I can't speak for you guys, but that's how I feel."  The other guys voiced their agreement with John's comment.

"Are there any other songs we want to add?  Specifically from Asylum, guys.  We've been focusing so much on the other four mainstream albums that we haven't paid any attention to Asylum", David said.

Mike had a brilliant idea.  "How about 'Innocence'?"

The guys thought about it for a moment.  "You're a fucking genius, Mikey", Dan said.  "Where the lyrics say, 'The killer walks again, freed by evil men', that totally fits the message we're trying to get across."

"Well, we want the people to start standing up and doing something, right?"

"Yeah", David said.  "It works.  So does, 'The Animal' for that matter.  People need to access the animal inside and just go apeshit", he said with a laugh at the end.

"So, basically, what we're trying to get across to the people is to take action against all of the sheer bull shit that's going on.  End the modern Holocaust that the Utopians have imposed on us all, and end this war once and for all.  Am I right?" Dan asked.

"Precisely", David said.

Just as the meeting was adjourning, Morbus came sliding into the Lounge area on David's bus.  "Gentlemen, we have a problem."

David looked at him, just slightly confused.  "What's the matter, Morbus?" he asked.

"The Utopian Death squad that's meant for you guys has found our location.  The rally here in Houston has been rescheduled for your safety, but if you all don't get back to your buses so that we can get the hell out of here, my warning will be in vain.  Now, Dan, Mike, John, BOOK IT!  You need to run back to your buses and get back t your families.  I'll be about thirty to forty- five minutes behind you after the buses roll out.  I've got a few tricks up my sleeveless shirt for those Utopian fucks."

Dan, Mike and John all left after saying their good-byes to David, Brie and the kids.  As the guys left, David asked Morbus a quick question.  "These tricks up your sleeveless shirt, they wouldn't happen to be gifts from Matt, would they?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I know my brother in law, Morbus.  Matthew Cartwright is a dangerous man.  Not only is he a deadly shot with a sniper rifle, but he likes RPG's too."

"Did you hear about that hit on the prison facility in Denver?"

"The one that blown to shit by an RPG missile?  Yeah, I did.  And I tell you, THAT was Matt's handy work. Like I said, he's a dangerous man, Morbus.  There was no one better to train you."

--------------

After the buses were rolling toward their next destination, Morbus perched on a trailer so that he could see the Utopians coming.  He thanked the Gods that his sight wasn't taken from him along with the scarring.  He had three of the RPG rocket launchers laying next to him on the trailer.  He was going to blow up anything he thought was colored with Utopian colors.  "Bye bye, FUCKERS", he screamed when the truck came winding down the road.  He'd placed the rocket launcher against his shoulder and sighted down the scope.  When the truck was in his cross hairs, he pulled the trigger to release the rocket and watched the fireworks.  He was actually upset that it was only ONE truck.  He wanted to blow a bunch of shit up.  "Oh, fucking well, he thought as he climbed down off the top of the trailer.  He recrated the two unused RPG's and got in his truck, spinning out as he drove away.

--------------

"David, we should add 'Sacrifice' and 'Leave It Alone' to the set as well", read the text he got from Dan.

"Clear it with John and Mikey.  I'm game if they are, brother", was David's response.

Brie took a seat next to her husband.  "What was that about?" she asked.

"The song list for the rallies.  "We've been rearranging a few things.  Changing songs out, adding songs that we want to do that we think get the message across."  He shrugged.  "It's really no big deal."

She smiled.  "Are you kidding me?  Of course it's a big deal.  This tour is your livelihood.  Music is your life.  Empowering the people is what you do best.  If the songs you guys have added will add to that message, then it's a HUGE deal.  The people are going to respond like mad men to the songs that you sing.  New Orleans and Dallas have already seen huge responses to the rallies you guys did in those cities.  Armed protests, flash mobs, marches on key government buildings... all that has been taking place since you guys left those cities.  Hell, cities that we haven't even been to yet are responding to the concerts you guys have done in those two cities.  Believe me, it's a HUGE deal."  She kissed his bald head.

He pulled her against him, laying his head against her chest.  "What the fuck would I do without you?" he asked her.  "You're such an inspiration.  Not just for me, but for the other guys and their wives too.  You might be the youngest of all the women, but you're by far the strongest."

"Baby, you've been through the same hell I have.  Malachai going to my parents believing I'm dead, you getting shot and all of us having to go into hiding, the births of our last seven children, one miscarriage, my getting shot after the Utopians decided to come after us at the old house in Grand Junction, my brother's capture and trial by the Utopians and his escape.  The list goes on and on, you know as well as I do."

"But, you've stayed strong through all of it.  How do you do it?"

"Is your resolve wavering again, David?"

He smiled.  "Oh no, far from it.  My resolve couldn't be stronger.  I want this war to end so that I can actually marry you.  I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

"So, us having a real wedding is what's driving you through all of this?"

"No, but it's one of the reasons that I keep pushing forward.  I want our children to grow up in a world where they can speak freely or be who they want to be, not where their every action is censored."

She pulled away from him, laying her hands against his face.  "Then, you're fighting for the right reason.  Don't think about me doing this.  Think about our kids."

"They're at the forefront of my every thought, as are you."  He sighed.  "I wish there were more I could do to protect you, but seeing as I'm on the road as David Draiman, Rock star and not David Draiman, Secret Agent for the Agency, there's not too much of anything I can do."

"Oh, Morbus is VERY good at his job.  He keeps all of us extremely safe.  Sometimes I think he needs to back off just a little, but then something like the Utopians finding the rally site happens and what can we do but let him protect us."

"Are you giving Morbus a hard time?"

"No, but he practically suffocates me at times, not to mention the kids.  Jacob is getting to where he's about to kick Morbus in the nuts if he doesn't back off."

"You want me to talk to him?"

She shook her head.  "No, I've already talked to the kids about it.  I told them that they're going to have to just deal with it because I have to and so do you."

"Something tells me that Matt told him to keep us especially safe.  I wonder what the Utopians have in mind that Matt would give that kind of order."

"Possibly a plot to take you captive and do some fucked up bullshit to you."

David laughed.  "I'd love to see the bastards try.  I'm not going down without one hell of a fight.  They'll have to kill me to take me captive."

No comments:

Post a Comment