Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 241


The guys, Kristen, Brie, Malachai and Morbus all came into the house hooting and howling.  “I can’t believe it’s FINALLY over!” Kristen shouted as she took off her protective gear.

“Me neither”, Brie said with a laugh.  “Oh, my GOD!  I can go out in public again!  I can go buy fucking DOUGHNUTS again!”

David wrapped his arms around Brie’s waist from behind.  “We can start looking for another surrogate now”, he whispered in her ear.

She turned and wrapped her arms around his neck.  “We can start planning the wedding now”, she whispered against his lips.

“Are you serious?  You want to start planning the wedding?”

“You don’t?”

“Are you kidding me?  Of course I do.  I want you to legally be my wife.  No more of this falsified paperwork shit.”

“Aren’t you going to go about it the RIGHT way, David?” she teased.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, and then dropped to one knee.  “Brie, marry me.”

She laughed.  “Stand up, you big goof!”  She playfully swatted at his chest with her left hand.  “Give me that fucking ring.”

He held her hand against his chest for a brief moment, then slipped the ring on her finger.  “You know, we could just pass this off as we’re renewing our vows.”

“We can do that, but I still want a big ceremony.”

He chuckled.  “Whatever you want, baby.  It can be as big or as small as you want it to be.”

Dan and Mike came back into the room with Nicole, Tina and the rest of the kids.  “What are you two all smiles for?” Dan asked.

“We’re renewing our vows, boys”, Brie said with a smile.

Nicole and Tina flocked around Brie, pulling her away from David.  “What are you plans for the ceremony?” they asked.

“Ladies, we haven’t started planning anything yet.  When I start planning things, I’ll let you know.  Now, I’m going to go see my kids.”

--------------

Malachai and the other boys were regaling Justin with their tales of how many Utopians they shot during the battle.  “I’ve got 40 kills to my count”, Malachai said.

“That’s awesome!  I wish I could have been out there with you guys.  I wanted to kill Utopians too.”

“Take that up with Master Guns”, Logan said.  “You were there when he passed out the orders.”

“I know.  He thought it was more important for me to protect the younger kids and my mom and Aunt Tina.”  He sighed and then looked at Malachai, turning the conversation from the battle to the something else.  “So, Malachai, your Mom and Dad are renewing their marriage vows?  Isn’t that exciting?”

Malachai smiled.  “It’s awesome!  I actually get to be present for this wedding.”

“You weren’t at the first one?”

“Nope.  They went to Vegas.”

“And you stayed WHERE?” Simon asked.

“With my grandparents.”

--------------

Matt walked into the house with a HUGE smile on his face.  “I JUST got word that any Utopian left is Washington has officially committed suicide.  The War is officially over, boys.  I’m talking to the Director about you boys going home.”

David and Brie paid no attention until he said “going home”.  Brie smiled.  “I wonder if our old place in the Springs is still standing”, she said to David.

“Me too.  I’ve been wanting to show the twins the house they were conceived in.”

“Like they’d understand what that means, David.”

“What are you two up to now?” Matt asked.

“We’re sitting here discussing our vow renewal ceremony”, Brie said beaming.

“That’s great.  Do you have someone to walk you down the isle?”

“Actually, big brother, I was hoping you would take that honor.”

“Of fucking course I will!  I didn’t get to be involved in your first wedding.”

David leaned in and whispered in Brie’s ear.  “Little does he know, there never WAS a first wedding.  This IS the wedding.”

 She giggled.  “I know, but let’s not spoil the story for everyone.  The only people other than the two of us that know are Mike, John , and Dan.  Let’s keep it that way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment