Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 231


They called the Director and informed her of what David’s plan was.  At first she, like Matt, thought that David had lost his mind.  Once the thought process behind it was explained , she fell in love with the idea and started putted everything the word out that the new monologue would have the location of the last battle of the war and started getting the commanders to get their troops ready to mobilize once they received their copy.  She estimated that it would take a month for the Utopians to get a hold of the disk and get ready to mobilize themselves.  She wanted to be ready.  So did David.  Matt was already making calls to get provisions delivered to the house so that the panic room could be stocked.

After Matt left, the men went downstairs and taped the monologue.  David was fired up and he didn’t want to lose the passion that he had in his mind and heart.  Once the tape started rolling, he let the Utopians have everything he was thinking and feeling.   Hello my brothers and sisters in the cause.  This will likely be my final monologue, not because I leaving the country or anything crazy like that, but because this is my PERSONAL invitation to the Utopians to COME AND GET ME!  Many of you don’t know this, but the Utopians have a monster target on my head.  They plan to imprison me, try me in a kangaroo court much like they tried to try Matthew Cartwright, but my trial will not drag on for months but mere minutes.  They plan to execute me publicly by fire in front of my wife and children.  Well, to the Utopians that watch this recording, if you bastards want me, COME FUCKING GET ME!  And the same goes for the rest of the band.  If you sons of bitches want us, come mother fucking get us.  We’re living at 1300 60th Ave. in Greeley, Colorado.  Personally, I don’t think you pussies have the balls to come get me.  I am officially calling you out.  There will be no more of your Nazi like extermination of the American way of life.  There will be no more of your imposing ridiculous laws on us and limiting our God given RIGHTS to speak however we choose about whatever we choose.  We will not go quietly into the night. To paraphrase our song Divide, we hear the sirens but you’re never gonna take us.  We will put an end to this once and for all.  My children WILL know a world where they can play outside and not have to worry about being taken or shot at because of their last name.  My children will know a world where they can go trick or treating on Halloween night and not have to worry about some soldier stopping them because of who their father is.  My children will NOT fight this war after I’m gone.  There will be no more running and no more hiding on my part or the part of my brothers.  THIS WILL END AND DO SO BY THE END OF THE YEAR SO HELP ME GOD!  I dare the Utopians to ignore what I’ve said in this recording.  It will be their undoing.  We have the finest trained snipers in the world in the Resistance and they don’t miss.  If you bastards won’t come to us then you better fucking believe that we will bring the fight to you.  We will not rest until this war is over, so help me GOD.  So, to sound even more like a broken record, IF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS WANT ME COME MOTHER FUCKING GET ME! Until I see you at my door, my brothers, my sisters, my BLOOD- remember the cause, keep the faith and DON’T give up hope.  This will end soon.”  He signaled for the recording to end and started walking up the stairs.

“Don’t you want to watch it, David?” Dan called after him.

“No, get it ready for distribution and get it out.  I want it out there by the end of the day.  The sooner the Utopians get their hands on this monologue, the sooner we can end this fucking war.  I don’t know about you guys, but I’d like to take my children home soon and I don’t mean here.  I want to go back to the house in 
Colorado Springs where the twins were conceived.  Brie does too.”

“I’m going to have to rebuild my house in Austin, but it’d be nice to get back to Texas”, John said.

“I didn’t get to see if my place in Chicago is still standing or not, but I sure would like to take Justin and Maya home”, Dan said.

“Same here.  I didn’t get to see my place in Milwaukee, but I’d like to take my family home soon”, Mike agreed.

“Then get that monologue ready and get it out.  I don’t want it edited.  I want it in the raw form out there for the people to see just how fed up with this war I am.  This has gone on too long”, was David’s response.

“Agreed, brother.  It has gone on too long.  We’ll get this ready and get it out.”

“Keep a copy here for the women to see.  I don’t know about your wives, but I know that Brie will want to see what I said.”

“Will do, brother”, Danny said.  “We’ll bring it up after we’ve got it copied and ready to go.”

“Thanks, brothers.  I’m going to go upstairs and spend some time with my kids.”

No comments:

Post a Comment