Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 162

David walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. "I did NOT want to get up off that table, let me tell you now."
Brie stood and kissed him before leaving to change the table. "John, I'll be right back to get you, just let me change the sheets."

"No problem, Brie", John said.

"You're next, Moyer? Usually it's Mikey or Danny that go next", David commented.

"Mikey ruined his chance of going next when he looked at Brie's notes for your massage."

David looked at Mike. "You know better shit than that, Mikey. Brie doesn't let anyone see her notes unless there's a subpoena for her records. You just screwed yourself."

Mike sulked. "Yeah, I know." He left it at that.

Brie walked back into the kitchen. "John. I'm ready."

"See you fuckers later!" John said and threw them all a deuce.

"It must be nice being married to a massage therapist. Before we had to go into hiding, you got massages anytime you wanted", Dan said.

David shrugged. "I really don't care that she gives the best damn massage I've ever had. I'm madly in fucking love with that woman and she's done for me what no woman before her has, she gave me children. I have four wonderful sons and four beautiful daughters. What more can a guy ask for?"

--------------

After Brie finished the guys massages, she went to her and David's room to change back into her jeans and t-shirt. It was a Avenged Sevenfold shirt that she had bought years before. David loved the way it looked on her, he really didn't care who the band on the front was. The way it hugged her body made him crazy every time she wore it.

"Hey, baby", she called from the living room. The guys were still in the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Come here. There's something on TV you'll want to see."

David walked into the living room and saw what she's put in the television. "Hey, guys, Baseball Hall of Fame inductions are on!" He sat on the couch and propped his feet up in the coffee table.

She smiled at him. "You want me to bring you a beer?"

"Are you going to come back and watch it with me?"

"After I get Malachai and Jacob. They'd love to watch baseball with their dad."

"So, beer then the boys?"

"Sounds good. Maybe James and Jeremiah will come in and watch too?"

"You do understand I'm training all of our children to be Sox fans."

"Yes, dear, I do realize that. Chicago White Sox. I know. Forget the Cubs, you're a Sox fan till you die."

"Till my body is cold in the ground."

--------------

Turned out that ALL of the Draiman kids wanted to watch the Hall of fame with their parents and Uncles. It was the coolest thing Malachai had seen since being on stage with his Dad and hearing the audience cheer for him. THAT had been the coolest experience ever.

After the Hall of Fame, there was a Sox game on. The Draiman family sat and watched it together. Every time the Sox scored a home run, everyone jumped up and cheered. When the umpire made a bad call against the Sox, everyone jeered and pitched a HUGE fit. "If that's not the most BULLSHIT call..." Dan said.

"What in the world was that, ump! He was safe!!!" Malachai said and turned to his parents. "That ump is a retard!"

David laughed. "Malachai, you're right, but watch your mouth." He took a sip of his beer and tried not to choke on it as he swallowed.

"But, it's true, Dad. That guy is stupid! That was the crummiest call I've ever seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment