Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 178

"Terror is coursing in me, Dreading the final moments where I have to be, I feel you die, in Asylum, I live a lie, Don't you know I'm in love with you and I wasn't ready for Asylum, Relive a lie, To let go now it's dragging me into your grave, your Asylum, Forget the lie, Overcome and the feeling that I won't get to join you in time, But the loneliness is killing me!!"

David was doing what he does best.  He poured his heart and soul into the song.  He'd been wanting to perform "Asylum" again since the tour when Brie was pregnant with the twins.  They had just never gotten around to it.  But, something was unsettling about this performance.  As he looked over the crowd, there were too many people sitting down.  It pissed him off.

"Don't make me live in Asylum, I live a lie, Don't wanna live in Asylum, I live a lie, Don't make me live in Asylum, I live a lie!"  As the song ended, David looked out over the crowd.  "New Orleans, LA, my brothers and sisters, are you still with me?"  The crowd started to get more involved and screamed.  Not what David wanted.  He wanted them to roar.  "Bull shit, New Orleans, I know you can get louder than that.  Are you all a bunch of crazy backwater Cajuns?  I asked you a fucking question.  ARE YOU WITH ME?!!!"  Finally, the response he wanted.  The crowd was on their feet and roaring.  He fed on that energy and poured it right back to them.  He went on with the speech he was going to give.  He told the people that it was time to get more active in the cause instead of just supporting it.  It was time for action.  The war had been going on too long and it was time for it to end.  The music for "Prayer" come up as he was finishing up his speech.  He'd been wanting to make this speech for months now and he did just that.

--------------

"Jesus CHRIST, this shit is boring!" Morbus cursed in the middle of the show.  He was perched on top of one of the buses watching the show.  But, such was the life of being a bodyguard.  But, he also knew that it was only a matter of time before the Utopians caught wind of the band being out on the road and they would show up.  He knew they would.  And when they did, Morbus thought, he would be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment