Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 203


"Ok, ‘Chai, I'm confused", David overheard Justin say to his oldest son one afternoon.  "Who's better?"

"Professor X is so much cooler than Magneto because he con not only read minds but control people this his mind", Malachai said.

David just had to chime in.  "Why are you two arguing over X- Men?" he asked.

"Because Justin found a couple of my old X- Men toys and was curious."

David laughed and nodded.  "If you say so, son.  Oh Malachai, have you seen your Mom?"

"She's in the weight room.  I think she said something about doing some yoga or something."

David quirked a brow, but nodded and left the boys to their debate on who was better, Professor X or Magneto.  As he headed into the weight room, he saw his wife in a full on back bend.  "So, that's why you're so flexible", he said.

She swung her legs over her head and stood up.  "Yep.  I try to do a little bit of yoga once a week while you guys are downstairs working."

He nodded.  "Nice.  Even seven years later, I'm still learning new things about you."

"Well, you know all the important stuff.  That's what matters."

He smiled at her.  "Thanks for that.  That makes me feel a lot better about myself."

She stretched up and gave him a kiss.  "That's my job, baby.  So, what has you looking for me like this?"

"Morbus text me earlier and informed me that he's been hearing movement in the woods around the house.  I just wanted you to know to be on your guard."

She nodded.  "I always am."

--------------

"Let me GO, you FREAK!" a female voice shrieked from outside the door later that day.

"In your dreams, Utopian whore.  You came to the WRONG house in that uniform.", Morbus spat at her as he opened the door.  "Good afternoon, everyone", he said, dragging the woman behind him.  "Look what I found snooping around the woods."

"A Utopian soldier", Dan said.  "Let's kill it now."

Brie stood up and walked a little closer to where Morbus stood.  "Hold that thought, Danny.  I think I know her."

Morbus jerked the woman to her feet and made her face Brie.  "Ouch, you bastard!"

"Suck it up, bitch.  She's keeping you alive."

Brie looked the woman in the face.  The name tag on her uniform said Rockmoore.  "Calista?"

The woman responded to the name and looked at Brie.  "Irian?"  She moved like she was going to try and hug Brie.  "What the fuck are you still doing alive?"

Morbus jerked her by her collar.  "I don't think so, ho.  Try that again and you lose an arm."

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN A UTOPIAN UNIFORM, CALISTA?"  Brie shouted in her face.

"I'm spying for the Resistance", Calista replied.

"Bull shit, Cali.  Matt was a spy.  He died a spy."  Brie lied to the woman easily.  The Utopians didn't know that Matt was still alive and no one in that house was going to tell them otherwise.

"Cuz, I'm not a member of the Utopians."

"Don't call me that in that uniform, Calista.  You don't deserve it."  She pulled the pistol that she carried on her at all times out of her waist band and chambered a round.  "NOW, you have exactly one minute to stop setting off my bull shit detector before I splatter your brains all over the living room."
Calista gave her an arrogant look.  "You wouldn't dare, Irian Nicole."
Brie put the barrel of the gun right in the center of the other woman's forehead.  "Try me."
"I'm a spy alright, but I'm a spy for the Utopians.  We received word that Disturbed was in the area again and I was sent to check out the rumor.  If I don't return, the absence of my report will just confirm the Intel."
Brie let herself sink into a dark and dangerous place.  A place of white noise where everything moved in slow motion.  "That's a chance I'm going to have to take, Calista", she said, then squeezed the trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment