Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 223


After he and Brie got up for the day, David called Matt.  “Master Gunnery Sergeant Cartwright”, he said when he answered his office phone.

“Matt, it’s David.  I need to do me a favor.”

“Name it, David.”

“I need you to do some snooping for me on Fuzz.”

“I’ll need his real name.  Fuzz isn’t going to get me anything.”

“His real name is Steven Kmack.  I don’t know his middle name.”

“Steve Kmack will do just fine, David.  What am I looking for?”

“Anything you can find.  He’s not acting like himself.  He and I weren’t always the best of friends, but this isn’t the man I remember.  Malachai went off on him this morning.  He’s going to keep being gone off on until we find out what’s happening to him.  This is NOT the Fuzz I remember.”

“I’ll do what I can and get back to you ASAP, David.  You know I will.  Until you hear back from me, try to keep everyone from blowing up at him and whatever you do, David, DON’T KILL HIM!”

“You say that as if I’m the only one in the house armed.”

“Keep everyone else from blowing his head off too.  That includes my sister.  I know she’ll want to kill him the first time he pops off stupid to her.  Don’t let her kill him.”

--------------

David and Brie went into the living room where everyone was sitting.  Fuzz was off in a corner, talking to himself.  David looked over at him.  “Are you feeling ok over there?”

Fuzz looked up, his eyes were wild and he looked confused.  “What?  Where am I?  Who are you, mother fucker?”

Brie looked at Fuzz and blinked, but kept her mouth shut.  David looked at the other guys, giving hand signals to them to take down Fuzz.  They were going to have to lock him in his room until they got some answers from Matt.  It took them all a moment of fighting with him, and him breaking David’s nose with an elbow before they got him subdued and threw him into his room and locked the door.  “The only time that door comes open is when he’s being taken food or water.  He is not allowed out amongst the rest of the household.  Is that perfectly understood?” David said after resetting his nose.  They all nodded.  He reached out from Brie’s hand and she went to him without a question. 

“What do you want to eat, baby?” she asked him as they went back to their bedroom so that he could change his shirt.

He took a deep breath in through his nose, seeing if his air way was obstructed.  Finding that it wasn’t, he spoke.  “I still want what you were making me and the kids for breakfast.”

“That deer sausage scramble that I haven’t made for you in years?”

“Yes, that one.”

“No problem, baby.”

--------------

Fuzz was sitting in the floor in his room rocking back and forth.  He was feigning for something, he could tell.  He just didn’t know what.  And that GOD FORSAKEN ITCH!  It would NOT go away.  Men that he called brother at one point had taken him down and thrown him into a room and locked the door.  He let out a howl of agony as he beat his head into the wooden floor.  It didn’t faze him.  The itch was eating the world.  And the craving… he didn’t know what he was craving, but he wanted something quite badly.

He biggest questions were why was he itching so badly?  What was he craving so badly?  Why was he acting the way he was toward the band and their families?

No comments:

Post a Comment