Monday, November 8, 2010

Chatpter 226

It took a couple of weeks for the Doctor to get Fuzz in the condition to remove the chip, but it finally happened.  Upon scanning the chip, the Doctor found some very unsettling information.  He felt it was his duty to not only inform the Director, but the band as well.  He went straight to the Director’s office to personally give her his report.  “Director, I have the report on the chip”, he said as he walked into the room.

“What do you have for me, Doctor?”

“The chip was programmed to change his behavior from being just sarcastic and a bit of an asshole to extremely violent in a matter of days upon reuniting with the rest of the band.”

“To what end?”

“To kill Mike and Dan and force David into capture.  John was a non- entity in the programming.  The Utopian soldiers would have probably taken care of him.”

The Director heaved a sigh.  “This shit needs to end and do so soon.  I’m tempted to leak the information of the location of the safe house so that we can just end this shit.  I’m done with it.”

“Not to tell you how to do your job, Director, but I’d clear that with the band before you do so.  It is their
lives you’re risking by doing that.”

“I know, Doctor.  David voiced to me that he was tired of running and so are the rest are the guys.  I’ll let them know what I’m considering so that we can end this shit and do it soon.  Thank you for your report, Doctor.  Please be sure to call the band and let them know what you’ve found.  How is the detox coming?”

“Slow but steady.  It will take a couple of months to get him off of the drug completely.”

“Then I’ll hold off and leaking the information until you get him clean.  I’m sure he’ll want to redeem himself with the band by fighting alongside them.”

“He’s already trying to talk about it.  He’s been saying, ‘I’m such and asshole.  I should go back and apologize.”

“Does the programming only affect him if he’s around the guys?”

“Apparently.  The thing is, he realized what he said was out of the ordinary for him, he just couldn’t control it.”

She nodded.  “Very interesting.  Be sure to let the band know your findings as I’m sure you want to be the one to report it to David.”

“You’re correct about that, Director.”

“Then, go on ahead and go give him a call.  I’m sure you know the number.”

“Yes, Director.  I was the Doctor that responded when Matt as bleeding to death.”

“I didn’t know that.  Thank you for saving my NCO, doctor.  I appreciate that very much.”

He nodded quaintly and took his leave, retiring to his office to make his phone call.

--------------

“Thank you for the report, Doctor,”, David said.

“Not a problem, Mr. Draiman.  I’ll let you know as soon as he’s clean.”

“I appreciate that, Doctor.  You’ve done more for this family than you realize.”

“Oh, I realize it, Mr. Draiman, I just don’t brag about it.”

“Touché, Doctor.  I look forward to hearing from you again soon.”  He hung up and sighed.  What the hell? He thought to himself as he sat on his bed, his hands running over the skin of his bald scalp.  This is so far beyond fucked up that it shouldn’t be possible.  Fucking Utopian  bastards.  I can’t wait until they find us again.  This shit’s going to come to an end whether they like it or not.  No more Nazi like ideals, no more internment camps and prisons for those of us who won’t conform.  This shit is going to end, so help me GOD.  With that determination in his mind, he went into the living room to update everyone on Fuzz’s condition.  He took as deep breath to steady himself then jogged down the stairs into the living room.

“How is he, baby?” Brie asked when she saw him coming down the stairs.

“They got the chip out.  His temperament change was triggered when the reunion of the four of us.  He was
programmed to turn violent and kill Dan and Mike, and force me into imprisonment.”  He looked at John. 

“You lucky bastard, you weren’t even mentioned in the programming from what the doctor says.”

“The Utopians consider me a non- person?”

“Well, at least they did when they programmed Fuzz’s chip.  Now, not so much as we well know.”

“The Utopians have sunk to new lows, brother”, Mike said.  “It’s not enough that they’re imprisoning those who won’t agree with them, but now they’re turning people who were close to the keystones of the Resistance against us in order to achieve their goal.  What the hell is this world coming too?”

“Stop reading my mind, Mikey.  That’s exactly what I was thinking when I hung up with the Doctor.”

“You got the report from the Doctor and not the Director?” Tina asked.

“Surprisingly, yes.  He called me personally.”

“How odd”, Dan said.

“It’s actually kinda, pardon the pun, disturbing”, Nicole said.

David chuckled.  “No shit, Nikki.  It is disturbing.”

“I didn’t want it to sound like I was making a bad joke”, she said with a laugh.

“Trust me, sis, there’s no way in hell I would have taken that as a joke.”

--------------

Finally they all went to bed for the day.  Brie had decided to keep what she thought to herself until she and David called it a night.  “David, I don’t want him back here after he’s clean”, she said as she climbed into bed next to him.

“Why not?” he asked.  His tone suggested that he was in complete agreement with her.

“He’s very unsettling, not only to me, but to the kids.  Malachai wouldn’t have gone off on him that day without reason.”

“Malachai used you and I being up with the younger kids all night the night before as a motivation.”

“Because he was getting up with us trying to help us get them settled down.  You know your son, David.”

He nodded and sighed.  “Yeah, you’re right.  There’s a reason that boy is my mini- me.  He acts just like me.”

“And the same can be said for Jordan acting like me.”

“That’s for sure.”  He shook his head and sighed.  “I don’t know if there’s anything I can do about him not coming back here after he gets through his rehab process.  I’ll see what kind of strings I can pull.  I agree with you, and I’m sure everyone else will too.  I don’t want him back here, either.  I didn’t want him here to begin with.”

“Then tell your boss that, honey.”

“I’ll be sure to tell your aunt that I don’t want him back here… after I talk to the guys about it and make sure that everyone feels the same way.”

--------------

Now that the blackouts were gone, he could focus.  He knew that he’d been an unforgivable ass when he stayed with the men that he had at one time called his brothers.  It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t want me back in the house after the way I acted.  Hell, David’s kids saw right through me.  Malachai told me that he didn’t like me.  How often does THAT happen, I wonder?  He seems like he’s a pretty accepting young man.  Jordan however is just as evil as her mother.  He smacked himself in the forehead.  She tried to be kind to you, asshole.  She was nice enough to bring you food the afternoon you considered killing yourself with your fork.  Stop thinking of her as evil.  She tried to help you.  She tried to be nice to you.  It’s not her fault that you’re an insufferable ass that needs to die.  He was still suicidal and self doubting,  but it had only been a couple of weeks since they has started weaning him off of the drug that he’d been on and hadn’t known it.  He hoped that the thoughts would disappear the better he got.

No comments:

Post a Comment